This is a list of sites to aid in peptide identification.
ExPASy Proteomic Tools
Detailed information on the above options
Attempts to provide a unified interface to query several protein
identification tools accessible on the web. Currently it includes
PeptIdent, TagIdent and MultiIdent from ExPASy, MS-Fit from
ProFound from PROWL and PeptideSearch from EMBL Protein and Peptide
Shows the peptide fragments from a digest of an amino acid
Protein identification by peptide mapping or peptide sequencing.
Compositional search using experimental Amino Acid Analysis data.
Tools for mining sequence databases in conjunction with
Mass Proteometry experiments.
Provides an interactive environment for protein analysis that can be
easily accessed with any web browser over the Internet.
A tool for retrieval and analysis of information from protein sequence
A tool for searching a protein sequence database using information from
mass spectra of peptide maps.
A tool for searching protein or nucleotide sequences using information
from fragmentation mass spectra of peptides.
ExPASy Proteomic Tools
plus many others.
- AACompIdent - Identify a protein by its amino acid composition
- AACompSim - Compare the amino acid composition of a SWISS-PROT entry with all other entries
- MultiIdent - Identify proteins with pI, Mw, amino acid composition, sequence tag and peptide mass fingerprinting data
- PeptIdent - Identify proteins with peptide mass fingerprinting data, pI and Mw Experimentally measured, user-specified peptide masses are compared with the theoretical peptides calculated for all proteins in SWISS-PROT, making extensive use of database annotations
- TagIdent - Identify proteins with pI, Mw and sequence tag, or generate a list of proteins close to a given pI and Mw
- FindMod - Predict potential protein post-translational modifications and potential single amino acid substitutions in peptides.
- GlycoMod - Predict possible oligosaccharide structures that occur on proteins from their experimentally determined masses
- GlycanMass - Calculate the mass of an oligosaccharide structure
- PeptideMass - Calculate masses of peptides and their post-translational modifications
- ProteinProspector - A variety of tools from UCSF (MS-Fit, MS-Tag, MS-Digest, etc.) for mining sequence databases in conjunction with mass spectrometry experiments
- PROWL - Protein chemistry and mass spectrometry resource
- PeptideSearch - Peptide mass fingerprint tool
- MOWSE - Peptide mass search tool from Daresbury Laboratory
- Mascot - Peptide mass fingerprint, sequence query and MS/MS ion search
- CombSearch - An experimental unified interface to query several protein identification tools
This calculates the molecular weight of your peptide.
Any Comments, Questions? Support@hgmp.mrc.ac.uk